Some further details have been revealed for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, which will be released in April for the PS3. Unlike Gran Turismo HD, which was more of a demo, Prologue is set to contain a pretty extensive racing experience.
It will be sold either as a cut-price disc version for a RRP of $60AUD, or via paid download from the Playstation Network. As many will be aware, Sony is also packaging a "Gran Turismo 5 Prologue" pack consisting of the game and a 40gb Playstation 3 for a RRP of $699AUD.
Here are the key features:
- 71 licensed cars from Nissan, Ferrari, Mitsubishi, and more
- Split screen, or network racing up to 16 players
- 6 tracks including Eigar Nordwand, London City, Suzuka, Daytona Speedway, Fuji Speedway and the high speed ring.
- Drift mode
- Car tuning
- New race events both online and offline, including time trials
- Dual Shock 3 support
- New A.I. and physics engine
- Authentic in-cockpit view
- 1080p support at 60fps in racing
- "My Garage" online chat and homepage facilities
- Photo and replay modes
A rather extensive list of features! Sony is obviously making a strong push for PS3 sales with the release of this game, and it may just do that. Seeing as the game does support the Dual Shock 3 controller, the inclusion of the old Six-Axis controller is a bit of a slap in the face for those that do buy the console bundle.