Latest Game Reviews
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 Review - Xbox
The sound and graphics are showing off just how far the Tony Hawk series has come. When you load it up, you'll be surprised at how good it looks, and how much it has improved. Even though it seems that THPS4 has become more of an arcade game, the realism is still there if you want it to be. The speed in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 has increased dramatically. It's amazing how fast you move through the levels. It actually makes the levels look smaller, in my opinion.
THPS4 features both Create-A-Skater mode and Build A Park mode. When building a park you are given a square bit of land but you can't change the size, and you can't change the background. That's ok though, because it looks quite good as it is. You've got literally hundreds of different pieces that you can put throughout the park, and when it's done you can play it just like a normal level. Create-A-Skater would have to be a very amusing part of the game as you can pretty much design your best mate (or your girlfriend), and have them skating around inside the game. When I get around to it, I'm planning on designing Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell. The idea came from the fact that you can put night vision goggles on. I'm already half-way!
The gameplay in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 is unlike anything witnessed in a skateboarding game, ever before. Instead of being given the goals at the start of the level and then having three minutes to complete as many of them as you can, you enter free-skate mode automatically. From there, you can go around the whole level learning it's quirky little ramps and rails, without being coerced for time. When you're ready to show off, you look around for people with blue arrows above their heads. These people give you goals to do. The goals are all familiar with the rest of the THPS series.
There are 5 different modes of play in THPS4:
- Career mode - This mode requires the skater to finish all objectives within each level to advance to the next. This mode will allow you to increase your stats, earn new special tricks, gather some cash, acquire pro points, unlock new levels, and eventually take on the ultimate pro challenges.
- Single Session - Choose a level ... (continued next page)
Microsoft Slashes Xbox Prices in Australia
Lord of the Rings Online: Riders of Rohan Screens
GAME - A Final Goodbye
Mass Effect 3 Operation: Salvage
Amazon Lets Slip - Wii U December 21st
Doom 3 BFG Edition Release Date Announced
Saints Row 3 Expansion Cancelled, Merged.
Xbox 360 System Update includes Voice Search for ANZ
Next-Gen Xbox and Project Fortaleza Leaked
GAME OVER - Game is Closed.
Mario Embraces Shallowness In New Super Mario Bros. 2
Luigi's Haunted Property Ownership Simulator Details
Paper Mario Gets Sticky
Project P-1000 Brings More Strategy to Wii U
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360)
- Red Faction: Armageddon (Xbox 360)
- Mass Effect 3 (Xbox 360)
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
- Saints Row: The Third (Xbox 360)
- Grand Slam Tennis 2 (PS3)
- NeverDead (PS3)
- The Shoot (PS3)
- Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
- Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
- Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
- inFamous 2 (PS3)